Most companies have business intelligence strategies to deliver rapid insights. And yet, traditional approaches often focus solely on internal users. There’s considerable value to gain by taking data to the next level: extending business insights to external partners and customers.
That may sound counter-intuitive. However, extending relevant data for use outside your organization empowers both your business and that of your partners. For example, imagine the performance improvements to an entire supply chain of an automotive manufacturer when extended analytics are used. All pertinent components in the chain — such as raw materials information, production and freight schedules, and customer requests — can be connected as they flow through a shared process. With the right tools and a few clicks:
- Manufacturers can see projected customer demand, down to model types and geographic regions, helping them ramp up specific production lines;
- Distributors and logistics professionals can better allocate resources and speed delivery based on the manufacturers’ production cycles;
- Sales organizations, such as car dealerships, can increase customer satisfaction by rapidly gaining insight into all of the above.
And when all these parties share that data — seamlessly, visually, and within a few clicks — the whole chain speeds up.
Extending insights outside your organization goes beyond what you’re already doing internally with existing business intelligence (BI) solutions, and opens new value opportunities.
Getting everyone to data value faster
Modern BI tools reduce complexity and improve speed, scalability, flexibility and control. For external data analytics, the right analytics platform starts by bringing together all data sources, ensuring data is clean and accurate, and managing security and access to the data. It makes it easy to create customized data dashboards that can then be extended to external parties. Meanwhile, IT retains governance and control with scalable data filtering and permission setting.
Because it’s cloud-based, a solution such as Domo Publish enables companies to do all this and more — at speed:
- Extend analytics to customers and partners. Publish data and analytics content in fully separated, single-tenant accounts. Filtered data access happens in real time. Changes or updates to visualizations can be easily automated.
- Deliver data experiences. Offer tailored data experiences that provide users with the ability to create, edit and refine reports by changing dimensions, creating calculations and customizing filters. Drag-and-drop functionality lets users reorder and resize their dashboards. And they can establish alerts to monitor important metrics and KPIs.
- Enable data uploads. Give users, partners and customers the ability to upload their own data sets to create custom analyses for more in-depth insights.
- Centralize administration. Manage all jobs, content and data filters in one central administrative tool.
For example, healthcare software company Xevant has gained speed and efficiency for its own organization as well as its customers with Domo Publish.
“Publish transformed our account service models,” says Brandon Newman, CEO of Xevant. “Using Domo as the main way we deliver our solution to clients has reduced the time required to monitor claims data from pharmacy benefits managers at Fortune 50 companies.”
The bottom line
Extending relevant data insights externally can empower both your business and that of your partners and customers. It creates cohesiveness and stickiness for long-lasting value that is beneficial for all.
Discover how to seamlessly integrate data to strengthen business partnerships and retain customers with Domo Publish. Visit: https://www.domo.com/domo-everywhere